Seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist for an established non-profit 501 (c) 3 in Seattle. Position will be responsible for processing all payments to vendors, entering invoices, coding and issuing checks on a weekly basis through our accounting software.
- Process vendor payments
- Assure that transactions are properly coded, verified, authorized and paid
- Allocate charges among departments for shared expenses
- Process employee benefit invoices
- Maintain electronic vendor files
- Analyze and reconcile prepaid, deposit and postage expense accounts
- Ensure and maintain best practices for AP procedures and be committed to continuous process improvement
- Train staff on preparing expense reports and coding invoices
- Prepare state and federal filings for vendor 1099s
- Compile vendor data for expenses and payments as requested
- Create and update month-end expense accruals
- Review cash receipts, donor pledges and supporting documentation for each entry.
- Perform monthly and periodic reconciliations with emphasis on liability accounts related to A/P and A/R
- Prepare audit schedules for annual financial audit as requested
- Prepare special reports and analyses with emphasis on A/P and A/R
- Create and maintain Excel worksheets to track expenses and benefits
- Experience with nonprofit accounting
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications – Word, Excel and Outlook
- 2-year accounting experience
- Knowledge of Donor database (Sales Force NGOC a plus)
- Knowledge of Non-profit accounting software (Sage MIP Fund Accounting a plus)
- Associates Degree with accounting courses
Benefits: Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vacation, sick leave, holiday pay and 401(k).
How To Apply
Submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is a 501(c)3 and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website.