We need committee members to fill several committees here at the Federation. Each committee has different goals and meets several times a year to accomplish them. The following are a couple committees that are looking for members:
• TIPS- Established by the Jewish Agency to strengthen relationships between American Jews and Israelis and to promote cross-cultural understanding.
• Israel Scholarship Committee- Determine where allocation funds should be placed depending on individual's application.
TIPS: Serve as a committee chair or sit on one of three committees.
• Camp Counselors: Teens come from Israel to act as camp counselors at the SJCC Day Camp. Volunteers are needed to organize hosting and activities.
• Ethnic Flavors of Israel: Women visit Seattle and prepare community dinners with traditional foods, song, dance and stories. Volunteers are needed to organize hosting and activities as well as to help organize the events.
Israel Scholarship Committee:
• Review teen applications
• Meet to determine where funds will be allocated
• Fund allocated based on financial need and merit
Must work well in groups. Be able to meet several times during the year. Can commit to all responsibilities required by committee group.
TIPS: Variable depending on committee involvement. Israel Scholarship Committee: 2-4 times a year.
Contact us at Volunteer@JewishInSeattle.org or 206-443-5400 to volunteer or for more information.