Each year, the Jewish Federation distributes funds locally, in Israel and worldwide with contributions raised through our Community Campaign and our Endowment and related funds. Ensuring a vibrant and connected Jewish community is an ongoing and multi-faceted challenge, but together with our generous contributors and community partners, we are building a bright Jewish future, meeting community needs and helping Jews to feel connected to their Jewishness and to each other.
Our distributions are focused on four Impact Areas: 1) Helping Our Local Community in Need, 2) Strengthening Global Jewry, 3) Experiencing Judaism: Birth to Grade 12, and 4) Building Jewish Community: Post Grade 12.
To view a chart detailing the Impact Areas and their accompanying goal statements, please click here. For more detail on Fiscal Year 2014 (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014) Community Campaign grants, please click here.
You can also link to pages for each of the Impact Areas as follows:
By focusing on the big picture, we create partnerships and bring the broader community together to address key issues and target resources effectively. That is not all the Jewish Federation does to build a strong and vibrant Jewish community.
The Jewish Federation operates programs with broad benefits for the entire community:
- Our government affairs efforts secure state and federal funds for community organizations, fight discrimination and bigotry, enhance security and support those in greatest need.
- We help secure the Jewish community from natural and human-caused dangers through the SAFE Washington partnership.
- We train the next generation of givers through our teen philanthropy programs.
- We train Jewish education teachers and educators, and support Jewish camping and Israel experience programs, helping young people solidify their Jewish identity.
- The PJ LIbrary offers high-quality, age-appropriate books and CDs that strengthen children's Jewish identity.
The Jewish Federation is committed to fostering strong ties between the local Jewish community and Israel.
- We help build bridges between the next generation and Israel.
- We partner with Israeli communities and advocate and educate locally to ensure strong U.S.-Israel relations.
The Jewish Federation is looking ahead to ensuring a strong Jewish community for generations to come.
- Our Seattle Jewish Endowment, currently at approximately $30 million, provides an important and secure way to leave a legacy.
- We develop local leadership for the benefit of our entire community.