Education Services: moving professionals in Jewish education forward.
Education Services is a unique program housed at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle. The program offers professional and pedagogical development services for our community's teachers working in Jewish education. We work with educators in early childhood centers, Jewish day schools, and in congregational supplementary schools to ensure that whichever path families choose for their children's needs, they will have the highest quality Jewish education possible.
We offer a variety of programs:
- Jewish Teaching Certification - This certification program recognizes 100 hours of learning in various core competency areas including pedagogy, Jewish studies and Hebrew. Through the Professional Development Honorarium and JTC stipend, supplementary teachers are encouraged to enhance their skills while receiving compensation for their efforts.
- Upcoming Professional Development Events - Professional development sessions by Education Services for teachers in Jewish day schools, supplementary schools, and early childhood centers that cover a variety of topics. JTC credit, STARS, and clock hours available.
- Professional Development Resources
- Jewish Education Directors Association
- Jewish Early Childhood Directors Association
- Consultation Services - Special needs and Information and communication technologies consultation services are available. Contact Liat Zaidenberg directly.
Educator Scholarships and Awards:
- Professional Development Scholarships - Scholarships are available, on a matching grant basis, for teachers who want to continue their professional growth.
- Jewish Education Awards - We proudly honor outstanding classroom-based teachers for excellence in Jewish education in formal Jewish educational settings in our community.
Contact: Liat Zaidenberg, Education Services Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.774.2218.