Strengthening Education for the Future of our Local Jewish Community...
Taking a holistic view of the educational needs of our local Jewish Community, Education Services provides professional development opportunities for teachers and educators who work for Jewish congregational supplementary schools, early childhood centers and Jewish day schools. The teachers who participate in our programs learn how to provide quality Jewish education for our community.
- Professional Development Lectures, Programs and Classes
- Jewish Teaching Certificate and Honorarium programs
- Consultation Services for Schools
- Professional Networking Groups for School Directors
- Awards for Excellence in Jewish Education
- Professional Development Scholarships
- STARS and Clock Hours Accredited Classes
Our goals are to:
- Prepare teachers for the challenges of the Jewish classroom in the 21st century
- Equip teachers with effective and innovative teaching practices, subject-specific expertise and an understanding of technology
- Create networking opportunities for educators and teachers to help them work collaboratively with colleagues, parents and the greater Jewish community
- Recognize and acknowledge the impact and profound effect of our Jewish educators on the community
- Empower Jewish educators to seek professional development through financial incentives
We offer a variety of programs:
- Jewish Teaching Certification - This certification program recognizes 100 hours of learning in various core competency areas including pedagogy, Jewish studies and Hebrew. Through the Professional Development Honorarium and JTC stipend, supplementary teachers are encouraged to enhance their skills while receiving compensation for their efforts.
- Upcoming Professional Development Events - Professional development sessions by Education Services for teachers in Jewish day schools, supplementary schools, and early childhood centers that cover a variety of topics. JTC credit, STARS, and clock hours available.
- Professional Development Newsletter
- Jewish Education Directors Association
- Jewish Early Childhood Directors Association
- Early Childhood Education Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence
- Consultation Services - Special needs and Information and communication technologies consultation services are available. Contact Liat Zaidenberg directly.
Educator Scholarships and Awards:
- Jewish Educator Development Scholarships - Scholarships are available, on a matching grant basis, for teachers who want to continue their professional growth.
- Jewish Education Awards - We proudly honor outstanding classroom-based teachers for excellence in Jewish education in formal Jewish educational settings in our community.
Contact: Liat Zaidenberg, Education Services Director, email@example.com or 206.774.2218.