The Jewish Federation recently engaged in a two-year study of the greater Seattle area’s needs in regards to early childhood Jewish education. Led by volunteers and educators--and involving hundreds of members and teachers in the community—we developed a long-range plan to improve early childhood Jewish education in our community. This strategic study was one of the first in the nation for a Jewish community.
Our Mission and Vision
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle’s Early Childhood Program (formerly, Early Childhood Initiative) is to develop recommendations and strategies to significantly increase and have a positive impact on Jewish engagement of families with children from birth to age five in the greater Seattle Jewish community.
Five years from now, if we are successful, the following goals will have been achieved:
- An increase in the number of families in the greater Seattle Jewish community who are engaged with Jewish early childhood programs and parent education programs
- A better mechanism in place for both the identification and cultivation of young families
- An increase in the number of “entry points” for families with children aged birth to five to engage in Jewish programming
- Availability of ongoing teacher training, increasing the number of stellar Jewish early childhood educators teaching in Seattle
- Increased and improved Judaic programming for families with children aged birth to five
Read our full report "ECI Final Report" of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle.