By Nancy B. Greer
President & CEO
Making it easier for families to connect with Jewish life has been one of the goals that drive the day-to-day work of your Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle. That was important before the pandemic turned our lives upside down and it’s even more important now.
Through our PJ Library® programming, we have been able to create a space where parents and children can come together for Shabbat and Havdalah gatherings filled with fun, stories, and music. This has been a wonderful way for families to connect with each other and with Jewish life during this time of physical distancing.
When we made the critical and timely decision to take one of our flagship programs, Bim Bam Baby!, virtual last year it was a necessary experiment that worked! Families looking for community tuned in to sing, play, and celebrate with friends and neighbors, both old and new, from the comfort and safety of their homes. This year, we’re taking our program a virtual step further. Now through June, there are Bim Bam Baby! gatherings taking place just about every weekend.
Your Federation is also in a new partnership with the Stroum Jewish Community Center and Herzl-Ner Tamid Conservative Congregation on their already popular Tot Shabbat, which is happening every Friday morning.
We invite you to join the fun! All events are virtual!
- Every Friday at 9:45 am, Tot Shabbat with Chava Mirel, in partnership with SJCC and HNT
- First Fridays at 5:30 pm, Shabbat with Rabbi Molly Weisel and Josh Niehaus, in partnership with Temple B’nai Torah
- First Saturdays at 4:30 pm, Havdalah with Rabbi Callie Schulman, in partnership with Temple De Hirsch Sinai
- Second Saturdays at 9:30 am, PJ Library Storytime with Shoshana Stombaugh
- Fourth Saturdays at 9:30 am, Shabbat with Rabbi Jason Levine and Rabbi Dana Benson, in partnership with Temple Beth Am.