Israeli and New in Town?
If you are new to the area and looking for ways to connect with other Israelis in the community, here is a list of resources:
- Israeli American Council (IAC) in Seattle: The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community. The IAC is a national network with local chapters, and organizes a variety of programs, events, and conferences. Click here for more information.
- Tzofim Shevet Matar Seattle: Youth movement that is a non-political organization but upholds Zionist and Jewish values. All activities are conducted in Hebrew. Click here for more information.
- Facebook Page: Israelis in Seattle
- Seattleon Newsletter: Newsletter for Israelis in Seattle – in Hebrew. Sign up at email@example.com.
- IAC Keshet Sfarim: Hebrew Books for Children: Join the waitlist to receive popular Hebrew books about holidays, Israeli culture, and kid-themed topics.
- Maagalim Seattle: A non-profit organization for Israelis designed to help individuals and families through difficult times. Their goal is “to be there for each other, to listen, to give, and to connect.” Find out more.
- The Guide to Jewish Washington: An online guide with information about Hebrew/English Gan, Jewish day schools, synagogues, and many other ways to connect with local Jewish life.
- Community Calendar: Interested in Israel-themed community programs? Check out the Federation’s Community Calendar.
To learn more, contact:
Israeli Consular Services
The Consulate General of Israel to the Pacific Northwest in San Francisco furthers relationships with national and local organizations, public officials, businesses, cultural and academic institutes, and citizens. An official representative office of the Government of Israel, the Consulate can provide helpful information for Israelis living abroad. Their website has up-to-date information about everything from travel documents to importing pets. Additionally, by Israeli law, Israeli citizens must report any change in their marital status or the birth of a new child within 30 days, which you can learn more about on the consulate website.
The Israeli Consulate is located at:
456 Montgomery St. #2100
San Francisco, CA 94104
PLEASE NOTE: The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle does not offer Consulate General services.