A vibrant, thriving Jewish community, today and tomorrow.
The Federation leads a strong Jewish Puget Sound by serving as a community voice, strengthening connections to Israel and World Jewry, and making investments in Jewish life, for today and the next generation.
The Federation was founded in 1928 to serve the Jewish community, locally and around the world. Since its founding, the Federation has been at the forefront of meeting the community’s wide-ranging needs–rescuing and resettling Holocaust survivors in the 1940s, helping Ethiopian and Russian immigrants in the 1980s and 1990s, and investing in the growth of Jewish organizations that today provide a broad range of human services, education, and cultural opportunities. As new needs have emerged, the Federation has adjusted to meet those needs. Today, the Federation remains committed to fulfilling the aspirations of the Puget Sound region’s vibrant Jewish community.
Get the latest news and find out about the latest events.
- Join or learn more about our special interest groups for lawyers and technology professionals.
- Check out PAVE Seattle, where Jews in their 30s and 40s can find many welcoming opportunities for connecting to Jewish life on their terms.
- Explore the Community Calendar, where you can find events, celebrations, educational classes, visiting speakers and more.
- Sign up for Puget Sound Jewish Life, the Federation’s weekly e-newsletter about community news and events.
- Order a newcomers’ Welcome Kit customized just for you!