A vibrant, thriving Jewish community today and tomorrow.
The Federation leads a strong Jewish Puget Sound by serving as a community voice, strengthening connections to Israel and World Jewry, and making investments in Jewish life, for today and the next generation.
The Federation was founded in 1928 to serve the Jewish community, locally and around the world. Our work is anchored in Jewish values, and thanks to the support of thousands of supporters and volunteers over the years, the Federation has been at the forefront of meeting the community’s wide-ranging needs — rescuing and resettling Holocaust survivors in the 1940s, helping Ethiopian and Russian immigrants in the 1980s and 1990s, and investing in the growth of Jewish organizations that today provide a broad range of human services, educational programs, and cultural opportunities.
As new needs have emerged, the Federation has adjusted to meet those needs. Today, with your support, the Federation remains committed to fulfilling the aspirations of the Puget Sound region’s vibrant Jewish community and working to assure a strong future for Jewish life, for all of us.
Get the latest news and find out about the latest events.
- Explore the Community Calendar, where you can find events, celebrations, educational classes, visiting speakers, and more.
- Sign up for Puget Sound Jewish Life, the Federation’s weekly e-newsletter about community news and events, sent every Monday evening. (If a holiday falls on a Monday, the e-newsletter will go out the evening of the following business day.)
- Order a newcomers’ Welcome Kit customized just for you!
- Have young children? Find out about the PJ Library and PJ Our Way, which send Jewish-themed, age-appropriate books, free of charge, to children ages 6 months to 11 years.
- Check out opportunities for young adults, including PAVE Seattle and upcoming Honeymoon Israel and Germany Close Up trips.
- Join or learn more about the Cardozo Society, our affinity group for legal professionals.