SAFE Washington, a Mark Bloome initiative, is a partnership program of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle and other organizations that offers the following services to over 100 Jewish organizations across Washington State:
- Real-time communications network that alerts participating agencies of imminent threats, dangers, and response protocols, alongside Infragard, the Northwest Warning Alert and Response Network, Homeland Security Information Network, Seattle Shield, and the Secure Community Network.
- Regularly updated online library of security resources.
- Best practices for disaster response, community security, and community preparedness.
- Training events covering a range of security topics, including High Holidays preparedness, surveillance detection, first aid, stop-the-bleed, cyber security, and more.
- Increased opportunities to obtain non-profit security grants from the Department of Homeland Security. In 2018, nine local Jewish organizations received grants, the most ever in one year.
Read an article about SAFE Washington in the December 2018/January 2019 issue of Jewish In Seattle magazine.
SAFE Washington is a partnership program of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, Secure Community Network, Setracon, Inc., and ADL, Pacific Northwest office. See community alerts and updates on the SAFE Washington website.
To learn more, contact:
Do you have an Emergency to report?
- Call 911.
- Send a message through Alert@SAFEWashington.com if you are able. Please provide your police report number.
- Contact the SAFE Washington 24-hour emergency contact number: 1-951-4-SAFEWA (1-951-472-3392).